But from a technical standpoint, the move also highlights some of the bottlenecks in modern cloud computing. These impact both your business and the businesses you invest in.
First, to secure corporate traffic, even when a worker is at home or on the road, most companies run a Virtual Private Network, or VPN. This encrypts the traffic, hiding it from prying eyes.
A VPN requires central control. Bits have to pass through the center of the VPN before going on to their designation. Even if you're not commuting into work, then, your bits are. This creates what network designer Andy Gottlieb called in
Network World recently
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV