The World's Largest Passive Optical LAN Saves Energy And Money For Sandia National Laboratories
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At Sandia National Laboratories, the world's largest passive Optical LAN now connects about 13,000 workstations in 265 buildings. Sandia National Laboratories started deploying Tellabs Optical LAN Solution in 2009 to replace an existing copper-based LAN.
With Tellabs Optical LAN Solution, Sandia expects to save about $20 million in costs over 5 years, once the system is fully deployed.
Sandia National Laboratories featured on The Green Room
A video on the Sandia National Laboratories Optical LAN is scheduled on The Green Room on Fox Business News Network Saturday, March 2, at 11 a.m. (EST), 10 a.m. (CST), 9 a.m. (MST), and 8 a.m. (PST).Tellabs Optical LAN Solution provides enterprises with high bandwidth, high security, lower energy usage and lower cost. Tellabs Optical LAN replaces conventional, copper-based LANs in buildings and on campuses with 500 or more workstations. With Tellabs Optical LAN, enterprises can save up to:
- 70% of total cost of ownership
- 80% of energy consumption
- 90% of space requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV