BALTIMORE, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Under Armour and USA Gymnastics today announced that Under Armour, Inc., the Baltimore, MD-based leader in athletic performance gear, will provide performance apparel, footwear, and accessories for the USA Gymnastics athletes, coaches, and staff for the next eight years, through the 2020 Olympic Games. This is the brand's first sponsorship of a national governing body for a summer Olympic sport.
"Under Armour is already known for its wide-range of innovative and stylish performance products," said Steve Penny, President of USA Gymnastics, "and the plans we have discussed for our partnership have the potential to elevate both of our brands in the United States and on the international stage."
"As Under Armour continues to expand into new categories globally, we are committed to strengthening our position as the leader in performance innovation," said Matt Mirchin, Senior Vice President, Brand and Sports Marketing, Under Armour. "We are proud to partner with USA Gymnastics, providing state-of-the-art performance apparel, footwear, and accessories designed to help these elite gymnasts perform at their best."Designated as the official performance apparel and footwear outfitter, Under Armour will provide team members with competition, conditioning and training apparel, accessories and footwear, including competition leotards. The U.S. National Team coaches, athletes and staff will also be outfitted head-to-toe at national training camps and national and international competition. Under Armour will collaborate with GK Elite Sportswear, L.P. to create the U.S. National Team competition apparel for men's and women's gymnastics, trampoline and tumbling. GK Elite has been the exclusive manufacturer of competitive gymnastics apparel for the U.S. National Team since 2000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV