Pieridae Energy Registers Goldboro LNG For Environmental Assessment
HALIFAX, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Pieridae Energy Canada Ltd. (Pieridae) has registered its Goldboro LNG Project with Nova Scotia Environment. Filing of the environmental registration document is the first step in the provincial environmental approval process for the proposed project to be located in Goldboro, Nova Scotia.
Goldboro LNG, www.GoldboroLNG.com, will include a natural gas liquefaction plant and facilities for the storage and export of liquefied natural gas (LNG), including a marine jetty for loading. The project will create significant direct and indirect economic benefits for the local community, province and region.
"This is an important milestone in our proposed development of the Goldboro LNG Project," said Mark Brown, Director of Project Development, Pieridae. "We look forward to working with the Department of Environment and consulting with all stakeholders throughout the environmental assessment process."
Nova Scotia Environment has reviewed the Goldboro LNG Project and developed a draft Terms of Reference for a comprehensive environmental assessment of the project. The public has until Friday, March 29, 2013 to comment on the draft, at which time Nova Scotia Environment will finalize and issue the final Terms of Reference. That document will serve as the "roadmap" for Pieridae to conduct the environmental assessment."We are committed to keeping stakeholders informed, and listening to and acknowledging their concerns and aspirations throughout the environmental assessment process," said Brown. The proposed Goldboro LNG facility is anticipated to receive, liquefy and export up to about ten million metric tons of natural gas per year and have on-site storage capacity of 690,000 cubic metres of LNG. It is anticipated that at its peak Goldboro LNG will create up to 3,500 jobs during construction and 200 ongoing operation and maintenance positions. The Goldboro LNG environmental registration document and the draft Terms of Reference issued by Nova Scotia Environment can be viewed at http://www.gov.ns.ca/nse/ea/goldboro-lng.asp or at the following locations:
- Municipality of the District of Guysborough, 33 Pleasant Street, Guysborough, NS;
- Sherbrooke Library, 11 Main Street, Sherbrooke, NS;
- James and Mary Rhynold, 15048 Hwy 316, Stormont, NS;
- Ecology Action Centre, 2705 Fern Lane, Halifax, NS;
- Nova Scotia Environment, 155 Main Street, Suite 205, Antigonish, NS; and
- Nova Scotia Environment Library, 5th Floor, 5151 Terminal Road, Halifax, NS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV