Living Whole Foods Launches Shiitakecenter.com For Grow-Your-Own Mushroom Products
SPRINGVILLE, Utah, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Living Whole Foods, the No. 1 retailer of grow-your-own wheatgrass and sprouting supplies, today launched its new mushroom kit website, shiitakecenter.com. The site sells high-quality products and growing kits that generate an ongoing harvest. The company also announced record overall growth, led by wheatgrasskits.com, with a 20 percent increase in year-end sales for 2012.
"A growing segment of healthy eaters are finding fulfillment in producing their own high-quality products – and purchasing the kits and other equipment online has made this increasingly easy to accomplish," said Parker Garlitz, vice president, Living Whole Foods. "Shiitakecenter.com will provide an ideal source for adding grow-your-own gourmet, edible mushrooms to indoor or outdoor gardens."
The grow-your-own-mushroom kits, which cost between $29 and $32 per kit, include "certified organic" varieties such as:
- Lion's Mane: Recognized by its hanging spine-like formations and often used for its medicinal properties or as a substitute for lamb, pork or seafood in Asian recipes
- Pearl Oyster : Produces multiple harvests, with the first as early as two weeks; great in stir fry, soups, rice dishes and more
- Maitake: Popular in Asian and Italian dishes and also has medicinal properties
- Shiitake: Popular mushroom for Chinese and Japanese dishes
- Turkey Tail: Shelf fungi highly prized for their medicinal and decorative properties
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts