New Diversinet Mobile Health Enhancements Advance Integration And Analysis Of Personal Health Data
New Features Easily Blend Provider, Payer and Patient-Reported Information to Improve Care and Outcomes
TORONTO, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Diversinet Corp. (TSX Venture: DIV, OTCQB: DVNTF), a leader in secure mobile health that "Powers Care Coordination through Mobility," has enhanced its mobiPublisher™ application platform with its Version 4.7 release. The platform provides a unified framework for developing and managing secure, enterprise-wide mobile healthcare apps.
mobiPublisher Version 4.7 includes major new features that healthcare organizations, health information exchanges, payers and large employers have requested. These features facilitate secure collection, integration, sharing and analysis of patient profiles, preferences, care plans, and biometric and other data. The enhancements make it easier for healthcare enterprises to improve mobile patient engagement and care coordination. These improvements result in better care and outcomes while reducing costs.
The new features follow significant product upgrades in October, and support Diversinet's mobiHealthWallet™, a secure, personalized virtual container for managing, sharing and providing analysis of longitudinal personal health information. Along with measuring patient adherence, mobiHealthWallet supports preference-sensitive patient engagement, as well as meaningful use.Compatible with all major smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, mobiPublisher is the first mHealth platform to meet stringent FIPS 140-2 standards, which exceed HIPAA requirements. mobiPublisher facilitates integration with back-end, cloud-based and clinical systems while enabling easy, real-time updates to accommodate changing mobile environments. "We offer our enhanced mobiPublisher as a model for how the healthcare industry can begin standardizing mHealth platforms to harmonize and manage various kinds of data," said Diversinet CEO Dr. Hon Pak. "Diversinet is working diligently to address market needs for comprehensive, high-impact mHealth solutions that integrate health content, including information from electronic health records, claims databases, patient surveys, and device and sensor data. The industry requires a broad, interoperable approach to reach the next level in achieving superior patient engagement, care and outcomes with lower costs." Key additions to mobiPublisher include:
- Secure person-to-person messaging with image attachment. This feature enables secure direct communication between individuals, such as a patient and a designated physician. It allows a photo to be sent to a provider via a mobile device in a secure setting. For example, a diabetic patient could share a photo of a wound to help a physician determine whether there are complications. This feature also could enable interactive communities of consumers with the same condition to share tips and support, with the privacy of military-grade encryption.
- Data export for reporting and analytics. Diversinet customers now can export biometric, patient-reported and other device-generated data in common formats, such as CSV and XML, making it easier to analyze care and outcomes for individuals and groups of patients.
- Streamlined questionnaire creation and deployment. A new wizard enables non-technical staff to quickly and easily design, test and publish mobile patient questionnaires. This feature facilitates collection of diverse patient-reported information regarding such variables as moods and sleep patterns, as well as medication and care-plan adherence. This information can be used to provide valuable insights into patient behavior and conditions.
- An expanded SDK for building customization and interoperable apps with mobiHealth Wallet. The updated SDK supports all major functions, including provisioning, secure storage and data synchronization. These capabilities minimize the lead time and skills required for Diversinet customers to develop custom wallets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV