DETROIT, Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, today announced a new alliance with Milliman, Inc., a premier global consulting and actuarial firm. Milliman's innovative opportunity-based population analytics capabilities will now be integrated into the Covisint Healthcare platform, extending Covisint's population and risk management capabilities as a catalyst to help accountable care organizations (ACOs) achieve their full potential.
ACOs traditionally lack the ability to predict cost implications and savings, which often has been a barrier to gaining provider support and engagement. Now, with this alliance, healthcare providers can address the key business and financial challenges facing ACO initiatives while delivering predictive analytics at the point of care.
"Milliman's opportunity-based population analytics offer a disruptive approach to population stratification and management," said Art Wilmes, FSA, MAAA and a Principal and Consulting Actuary for Milliman. "This partnership helps ACOs focus on the prospective opportunity for potentially avoidable costs in patient populations as realized through additional care management. The focus is upon opportunities for potential cost reduction rather than just identifying the highest-cost patients. As such, care management is focused on opportunities to 'bend the cost curve,' resulting in the optimal deployment of care management teams."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV