The USA Track & Field Foundation (USATFF) today announced that Stephen A. Schwarzman, the Chairman, CEO and co-founder of Blackstone, has donated $500,000 to the USATF Foundation. The funding will be used to support world-class athletes in track and field who are the most likely winners of medals at the 2016 Olympics in Rio, as well as to create a matching gift program for other donors to the USATF Foundation.
Tom Jackovic, the USATF Foundation Executive Director, said, “Steve’s donation will enable us to find the best track and field athletes in the United States and ensure that, regardless of their circumstances, they have the time and resources to train for the Rio Olympics. The US has always been a powerhouse in track and field and this donation will go a long way to helping that continue.”
Steve Schwarzman added, “Track and field was a central part of my life from 5th grade through high school. From it, I learned team work, the importance of hard work and training, and the thrill of when your team won. I want every American who has the drive and the talents to succeed at the highest level in track and field to have the resources they need to do so, and I am delighted to support the USATF Foundation in this endeavor.”
Mr. Schwarzman founded Blackstone in 1985 and it is now the world’s largest alternative asset manager and financial adviser, with $210 billion under management as of the end of 2012.About the USA Track & Field Foundation The USATF Foundation provides a means to attract and guide funds to new and innovative track and field programs with an emphasis on providing opportunities for youth athletes, emerging elite athletes, distance training centers and anti-doping education. The Foundation depends upon donations from its Board of Directors, major gifts and from generous fans of track & field.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV