The daily deals site late Wednesday reported revenue of $638.3 million and an adjusted loss of 5 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for sales of $638.4 million and earnings of 3 cents a share.
Included in the adjusted loss was a loss of 7 cents a share from discontinued items, making the net loss attributable to shareholders 12 cents a share. Groupon suffered a 61% year-over-year decline in operating cash flow during the quarter, which drove the company's net loss.
The Chicago-based company also delivered tepid first-quarter guidance, much to the chagrin of investors. Groupon's shares plunged 27.12% to $4.36 before market open. The company was also the most active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 2,795,831.BroadSoft (BSFT) was another loser, tumbling 22.84% to $23.85. The telecom software maker beat Wall Street's fourth-quarter estimates late on Wednesday, but provided first-quarter guidance below analysts' expectations. Zynga (ZNGA) shares slipped 1.14% to $3.48, while Facebook (FB) gained 0.19% to $26.92. Chip design specialist ARM (ARMH) was up 0.16% to $43.78. Shares of IBM (IBM), which hosts its investor briefing on Thursday, were flat at $202.33. The tech giant is expected to reiterate its long-term goals at the event, as well as its ambitious efforts to drive software growth. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV