Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth quarter consolidated net revenues decreased 1.6% to $1.664 billion, consolidated adjusted operating cash flow (“AOCF”) 1 decreased 44.2% to $349.6 million and consolidated operating income decreased 91.5% to $29.3 million, all compared to the prior year period. Footnote 2 on page 4 of this release details certain items affecting the comparability of our results for 2012 and 2011. Excluding these items, consolidated net revenues would have increased 0.3% while AOCF and operating income would have decreased 18.4% and 48.7%, respectively, all compared to the prior year period.
For full year 2012, consolidated net revenues increased 0.1% to $6.705 billion, consolidated AOCF decreased 17.2% to $1.899 billion and consolidated operating income decreased 38.2% to $759.5 million, all compared to 2011. Footnote 2 on page 4 of this release details certain items affecting the comparability of our results for 2012 and 2011. Excluding these items, net revenue would have grown 0.4%, consolidated AOCF would have decreased 11.7% and operating income would have decreased 27.9%, compared to the prior full year period.
Operating highlights for the fourth quarter and full year 2012 include:
- Fourth quarter cable advertising revenue growth of 17.6%, compared to the prior year period.
- Improved full year combined Video, High-Speed Data and Voice customer net additions compared to 2011 despite impact of Superstorm Sandy in the fourth quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV