CBS late yesterday continued its war on progress. The network demanded that “The Big Bang Theory” star Kaley Cuoco remove from Twitter a sponsored tweet she posted earlier in the day endorsing DISH’s Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR (NASDAQ: DISH).
Kaley Cuoco Tweet - February 27, 2013 (Photo: Business Wire)
“It’s disappointing that CBS – once the exemplar of editorial independence and innovation – continues to use its heavy hand to hold back progress from consumers,” said Joe Clayton, DISH president and CEO.
In just a few short hours, Cuoco’s tweet had earned thousands of clicks from consumers interested in learning more about the DISH DVR experience.
“Clearly, with this kind of response, consumers have a true interest in the types of innovations the DISH Hopper offers,” said Clayton. “It’s a shame that CBS, despite its legacy, feels it needs to thwart this kind of consumer demand.”CBS, along with other major broadcast networks, has consistently refused to air commercial advertising featuring DISH’s Hopper. Last month, CBS Corp. unfairly forced CNET to disqualify DISH’s Hopper with Sling® Whole-Home HD DVR from CNET’s “Best of CES” awards program. CBS Corp, which is CNET’s parent, has sued DISH over Hopper’s consumer-friendly PrimeTime Anytime™ and the AutoHop™ commercial-skipping features. DISH’s new Hopper with Sling, unveiled at the 2013 International CES, makes available several capabilities that improve the DISH experience at home and on the go, giving customers the ability (if they want) to watch live and recorded television from home anywhere on Internet-connected tablets, smartphones and PCs at no additional charge using the Hopper’s new built-in Sling capabilities, as well as watch television on an iPad without an Internet connection. See more at:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV