PITTSBURGH, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GNC Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GNC), the nation's largest specialty retailer of health, wellness and sports nutrition products, today announced its latest technology breakthroughs in sports nutrition and the evolution of several products in its industry-leading Pro Performance® line. GNC's expanded offerings will come as exciting news to athletes and fitness enthusiasts of all levels who seek to enhance overall workout performance with the latest product innovations.
"Over the last 25 years, GNC has built a powerful and unmatched reputation for creating cutting-edge performance nutrition products," said Tom Dowd, Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer and General Manager for GNC. "With these new performance technologies, we are again setting the standard in sports nutrition, even as more and more products enter this highly competitive category. Our reputation for scientific innovation and clinical validation only grows stronger and appeals to more and more athletes who want to compete at a higher level."Due to our cutting edge product development, we now have 27 percent of the fast-growing sports nutrition business, and the Pro Performance line of products is approaching $300 million in sales and represents the largest sports brand in the U.S. As part of GNC's aim to provide athletes with advanced products that deliver the most in quality and performance, the brand now features new delivery systems and certification advancements within GNC proprietary sports products, including the new Pro Performance® AMP Concentrated Intelligent Release Series and the Pro Performance® X.R. Series.
- Optimal Timing Technology (OT 2™) is a technology breakthrough that utilizes an intelligent nutrient delivery system in exclusive GNC formulas that helps athletes avoid the challenge and uncertainty of proper nutrient timing, while maintaining an extended release of fuel for muscles.
- Nitro-Factor™, the industry's first on-pack Rating System for the product's full muscle-building potential, makes it easier for athletes to find the products that help them maintain a positive nitrogen balance critical to help them reach performance goals.
- Through a partnership with the globally renowned HFL Sports Science accredited laboratory, GNC provides Banned Substance Free Certified/HFL Testing throughout GNC's performance nutrition line, greatly reducing the concern athletes, parents, coaches and trainers may have relative to banned substances in organized sports.
- Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Ripped Formula is GNC's first ever strength-enhancing thermogenic protein that delivers three times more calorie burn, boosts metabolism and builds strength, customized for athletes seeking to gain lean muscle and definition.
- Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Power Formula is a breakthrough performance product featuring creatine and fenugreek to support testosterone levels and deliver more anabolic power, proven to increase strength, and designed for athletes targeting maximum gains.
- Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Platinum Edition is available as a stronger than ever muscle-building formula featuring higher-dose components of glutamine, leucine and more fast-acting hydrolysates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV