MELBOURNE, Fla. and WASHINGTON, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS), an international communications and information technology company, has implemented its healthcare business intelligence dashboard to help improve clinical outcomes, patient safety and documentation processes at City of Hope , a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a member of Chicago-based University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC).
Harris' Business Intelligence (BI) Practice Variation dashboards are used by physicians, hospital executives and coding professionals to provide meaningful internal and external comparisons --
Developed in collaboration with the Cleveland Clinic, Harris BI dashboards address multiple operational and clinical challenges to properly align the hospital staff with the strategic objectives of the organization. Harris BI dashboards cover a diverse range of disciplines, including quality-performance improvement; patient access; cost and revenue; integrated disciplines; operating room processes; and special purpose divisions (infectious disease, pathology, pediatrics).
"Harris analytics and business intelligence solutions will enhance City of Hope's strategic plan and performance improvement initiatives," said Vishal Agrawal, MD, president, Harris Healthcare Solutions. "Our business intelligence dashboard products will help drive results – both higher quality and lower costs. It is exciting to be partnered with one of America's leading cancer centers to help them advance their groundbreaking work."City of Hope chose all four Harris Practice Variation dashboards:
- Physician Insight Plus – Compares clinicians to their peer groups in terms of clinical outcomes, patient safety
,and core measures
- Length of Stay – Analyzes length-of-stay data
,to improve performance and access to care
- Cost per Case – Identifies variation in cost based on UHC's Universal Charge Master, to prioritize cost-reduction initiatives
- Documentation and Coding – Highlights opportunities where coding variations could impact financial performance and credit for severity of cases being treated
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts