Companies who are mobile-optimized have a distinct advantage. Of companies who have mobile-optimized career sites, one-in-five said more than 20 percent of their applications come through mobile devices. 5 Nearly one-in-ten said mobile accounts for at least half of their applications. 6
Knowing the frustrations mobile job seekers often face, CareerBuilder recently enhanced its mobile apply process for all U.S. clients so the vast majority of its jobs are mobile-optimized. Since the launch of new mobile apply features, mobile applications on CareerBuilder increased by 50 percent.
Mobile-friendly features include:
- Apply to jobs via your phone using either the CareerBuilder app or the Web.
- Instantly sign in, so you don't have to re-enter your information each time you search.
- Choose an option to only see jobs that you can apply to using your phone.
- See "Mobile" designation next to job postings, making it easier to identify mobile-apply enabled jobs.
- Instantly apply with a resume already saved in the CareerBuilder database.
- Choose the "apply without a resume" option for those who aren't a CareerBuilder user or don't have an applicable resume. This leads you to a brief form with questions about your background and experience, which takes around one minute to complete. You also can save your information, so you don't have to fill it out again for any future mobile applies on CareerBuilder.
- Email jobs to yourself to follow up later.
1 comScore Mobile Metrix 2.0, Career Services and Development – Job Search, January 2013 2 Google Adwords Keyword Search Tool - "jobs," January 2013 3 CareerBuilder survey of 2,611 employers, November 2012 4 CareerBuilder's Talent Crunch study, February 2012 5 and 6 CareerBuilder survey of 2,494 employers, September 2012About CareerBuilder® CareerBuilder is the global leader in human capital solutions, helping companies target and attract their most important asset - their people. Its online career site, CareerBuilder.com®, is the largest in the United States with more than 24 million unique visitors, 1 million jobs and 50 million resumes. CareerBuilder works with the world's top employers, providing resources for everything from talent and compensation intelligence to employment branding and recruitment support. More than 10,000 websites, including 140 newspapers and broadband portals such as MSN and AOL, feature CareerBuilder's proprietary job search technology on their career sites. Owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:GCI), Tribune Company and The McClatchy Company (NYSE:MNI), CareerBuilder and its subsidiaries operate in the United States, Europe, South America, Canada and Asia. For more information, visit www.careerbuilder.com. Media Contact Jennifer Grasz 773-527-1164 Jennifer.Grasz@careerbuilder.com http://www.twitter.com/CareerBuilderPR SOURCE CareerBuilder