CHICAGO, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Do you know that the number of people searching for jobs via mobile devices is doubling every year, but only a fraction of employers currently offers a mobile apply option for their jobs? CareerBuilder has launched new mobile apply features, safeguarding employers from missing out on top talent who may abandon applications that are not mobile-friendly.
comScore data shows that 6 million people searched for jobs via mobile in January 2013, up from 2.3 million in March 2012. 1 Google's data indicates that 31 percent of searches for "jobs" came from mobile devices in November 2012, up from 17 percent in November 2011 and 8 percent in November 2010. 2
"While mobile job search is increasing exponentially, the adoption rate for mobile recruitment has lagged significantly," said Hope Gurion, Chief Development Officer at CareerBuilder. "Employers may not be tracking how many mobile users are viewing their jobs or may have software in place that prohibits an easy mobile experience. Job seekers often encounter mobile applications that are five, 10 or 15 pages long – or no mobile option at all."
Nearly one-third of CareerBuilder.com's traffic each month comes from mobile devices. CareerBuilder's site data shows that when a mobile candidate is notified they are about to encounter a non-mobile friendly apply process, 40 percent will drop off.Having a technology barrier is particularly worrisome for employers who are competing for high skill, in-demand talent. Twenty-eight percent of employers said they have open positions for which they can't find qualified candidates, 3 and 23 percent stated they have lost revenue due to extended vacancies. 4 "Ignoring the need to mobile optimize will not only have an adverse effect on recruitment efforts, it can have an adverse effect on business performance," Gurion added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV