- Fourth quarter GAAP revenue of $220.7 million and non-GAAP revenue of $224.5 million
- Fiscal year 2012 GAAP revenue of $798.0 million and non-GAAP revenue of $807.7 million
- Fourth quarter GAAP diluted EPS of $0.59 and non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.79
- Fiscal year 2012 GAAP diluted EPS of $2.14 and non-GAAP diluted EPS of $2.91
- Operating cash flows of $69.6 million for the fourth quarter and $298.4 million for fiscal year 2012
- Fourth quarter and fiscal year 2012 GAAP operating profit margins of 37.0% and 36.9%, respectively, and non-GAAP operating profit margins of 49.3% and 50.1%, respectively
- Repurchase of 500,000 shares in the fourth quarter and 1.5 million shares in FY 2012
PITTSBURGH, Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANSYS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANSS) today reported fourth quarter and fiscal year 2012 results with total non-GAAP revenue up 11% as compared to Q4 2011, while non-GAAP net income increased 16%. 2012 non-GAAP revenue and net income increased 15% and 16%, respectively, as compared to 2011. Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share increased 16% for the quarter and 15% for 2012.
Commenting on the Company's fourth quarter and fiscal year 2012 performance, Jim Cashman, ANSYS president & CEO, stated, "We are excited to announce another record fourth quarter and year for ANSYS. Our results in 2012 fulfill our commitment to continue our long history of solid financial performance, in good times and bad. We achieved four consecutive record-breaking quarters for both non-GAAP revenue and EPS, coupled with a strong balance sheet and operating cash flows. Among the many notable highlights and contributors to our success in 2012 were: a successful year of combined operations and further integration with the ANSYS Apache team; the acquisition of Esterel, extending ANSYS' vision of Simulation Driven Product Development™ to encompass both hardware and software systems; the recent release of ANSYS ® 14.5, with many new multiphysics capabilities that bolster product performance and integrity for ANSYS customers; and the continued expansion of our customer engagements with major accounts and across geographic regions and industries. We've seen in 2012 that we can achieve success through focus and discipline, despite the uncertainties of global economies and increasing regulation. We believe ANSYS enters 2013 with a solid foundation to continue to grow our business and to take advantage of the many opportunities that lie ahead – further solidifying our reputation as the global leader in engineering simulation software and outpacing our peer group."ANSYS' fourth quarter and 2012 financial results are presented below. The 2012 and 2011 non-GAAP results exclude the income statement effects of acquisition accounting adjustments to deferred revenue, as well as the impact of stock-based compensation, acquisition-related amortization of intangible assets, and transaction costs related to the Esterel acquisition in 2012 and the Apache acquisition in 2011.