Pall Corporation (NYSE: PLL) has introduced a 13 mm Acrodisc ® MS syringe filter certified for low extractables in high performance liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LCMS) applications. The new 13 mm size, which is designed specifically for small sample analysis using LCMS, complements Pall’s current Acrodisc MS syringe filter offering of a 25 mm filter. The 13 mm Acrodisc MS syringe filter improves the accuracy of testing, enhances LCMS performance, and extends the longevity of testing instrumentation.
Pall's new 13 mm Acrodisc® MS syringe filter (Photo: Business Wire)
The low extractable levels of the new 13 mm Acrodisc MS syringe filter minimize interference with the ionization process and reduce the need for retesting. This lowers costs while minimizing downtime due to unexpected contamination. To ensure high performance, product tubes are packaged individually so that filters not in use remain sealed and protected from external contamination.
Constructed with Pall’s new water wettable polytetrafluoroethylene (WWPTFE) membrane in a unique high density polyethylene housing, the Acrodisc MS syringe filter can be used with both organic and aqueous solvents. It offers excellent chemical resistance and good particulate retention with minimal protein adsorption. This protects instrument columns from particulate build-up and reduces the frequency and cost of replacement. It also enables more consistent LCMS testing performance.
“Pall’s 13 mm Acrodisc MS syringe filter is the newest innovation in our comprehensive line of syringe filters and is suitable for samples as small as 25 µL,” said Larry O’Connell, senior vice president, Pall Laboratory Products. “Our new size will continue to improve the accuracy, cost, and reliability of high performance LCMS testing. The applications for this advancement are extensive and growing rapidly as testing technology advances.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV