Hotwire Announces Best Values For Cruise Type And Cruise Line In Its Cruise Savings Indicator, Covering Wave Season 2013
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hotwire.com, a leading discount travel site, today released its Cruise Savings Indicator for the 2013 wave season. This guide aims to help cruisers who haven't booked yet score the best possible deals before wave season ends in March. During this time period, cruise lines aggressively compete to fill cabins for sailings throughout the rest of the year. However, while all lines are offering deals, finding the best bargains amongst the clutter can sometimes be tricky. The good news is that the cruise experts at Hotwire have done the work for you, awarding Norwegian Cruise Lines the "best value" line, and Transatlantic and European cruises the "best value" cruise types. Cruisers should look to Norwegian Cruise Line and Transatlantic and European cruises for a combination of the season's best prices and range of entertainment options.
"Every wave season, cruisers are inundated with offers and promotions, making it harder to decipher a fantastic deal from a small discount," said Clem Bason, president of the Hotwire Group. "With access to the ever-changing cruise pricing data across so many lines, ships and destinations, we at Hotwire have a keen sense of where the best values can be found. By sharing this information with travelers during wave season, we hope that prospective bookers will get the most out of their next cruise."
The best value cruise line for wave season 2013 is:
Norwegian Cruise Line – award-winning line with award-winning pricesCruise is an incredibly competitive business and many ships compete for the same types of travelers. That being said, each year one line seems to step up its game and pull ahead of the pack when it comes to value and savings. This year, it's Norwegian Cruise Line. NCL is known for its variety of destinations and ports, which is ideal for folks who may not know where they want to cruise. On Norwegian, they can have their pick of eclectic offerings like island adventures, getaways to Europe and the Mediterranean or northern explorations in Alaska and Canada.Beyond normal wave season deals, Norwegian continues to improve its value-adds, like onboard credits and gratuities. Throughout wave season, NCL has also been running flash or pulse sales where they either drop rates or tack-on freebies suddenly. In order to take advantage of these short-term promotions, folks should sign up for newsletter alerts, and continuously check sites to keep a pulse on any last-minute sales Norwegian offers.
- Example deal available on Hotwire.com:
- Norwegian Pearl: 7-night Western Caribbean Coastal Cruise sailing from Miami on March 24 – $849 + onboard coupon book ( $300 value)
- Example flash or pulse sale available on Hotwire.com:
- Norwegian Star: 20-night Western Caribbean Cruise sailing from New Orleans on April 14 to Dover, United Kingdom – $1,249 + onboard coupon book ( $300 value)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV