AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Argentina's diverse mix of people, terrain and climates creates a rich culture known for the rhythmic tango, char-grilled beef, and some of the world's most robust, delicious wines. This spring, Whole Foods Market will celebrate wines from Argentina, which include a lightly floral torrontes to an intense, earthy bonarda, sometimes referred to as the "next malbec."
While Argentina's viticulture roots run deep, it wasn't until the end of the 20 th century that the country began broadly exporting wines. Currently Argentina is the fifth largest wine producer in the world. The country's soaring elevations and high quality Andean melt water, coupled with old world grapes and new world prices are what led Whole Foods Market to some of Argentina's highest-rated wineries for its spring selection.
"Most admiration for Argentine wines is inspired by the mighty malbec due to its similarities to rich, dark Californian reds," said Doug Bell, global wine buyer for Whole Foods Market. "While we've got some amazing malbecs in our lineup, we are excited to push the Argentine envelope and turn our shoppers on to unique varietals. Like malbec? Try a bonarda. Crave a fruity, floral sauvignon blanc? Check out the torrontes."Wine enthusiasts are invited to learn about and sample wines from Argentina at in-store tastings, as well as during a Mar. 14 Twitter Tasting. Go to wholefoodsmarket.com/wine for information and use the hashtag #WFMwine to follow the conversation. Participants must be 21 and over. Featured Argentine wines include:
- Crios Torrontes
- Casarena 505 Chardonnay
- Dona Paula Los Cardos Sauvignon Blanc
- Andes Crossing Malbec
- Argento Bonarda
- Bodega Tamari Reserva Malbec
- Masi Tupungato Passo Doble Malbec-Corvina
- Santa Julia Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon
- Achaval Ferrer Malbec-Cabernet Sauvignon
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV