NTELOS Holdings Corp. (the “Company,” NASDAQ: NTLS), a leading regional provider of nationwide wireless voice and data communications and home to the “best value in wireless,” announced today operating results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Operating revenues for the fourth quarter 2012 increased 11% to $117.4 million, compared to $106.0 million for the same period in 2011;
- Postpay net subscriber additions for the fourth quarter 2012 were 9,200, compared to a net loss of (1,900) for the same period in 2011;
- Subscriber churn for the fourth quarter 2012 improved to 2.8%, compared to 3.4% for the same period in 2011; and
- ARPU for the fourth quarter was $52.78, compared to $48.57 for the same period in 2011.
Full Year 2012 Highlights
- Total net subscriber additions for 2012 were 25,100, compared to a loss of (17,900) for 2011;
- Churn for 2012 improved to 2.9% from 3.5% in 2011, with postpay churn improving to 2.0% in 2012 from 2.4% in 2011; and
- Data ARPU for 2012 rose to $20.00, up $4.14 from $15.86 in 2011, reflecting increased customer adoption of smartphones.
“During the fourth quarter, we experienced significant traction in our retail business, particularly with postpay, as we continued to execute on our strategy to attract and serve high-quality, value-conscious customers. A focus on improving our handset lineup drove substantial growth in smartphone penetration as well as significant gains in ARPU and net adds,” said James A. Hyde, CEO of NTELOS Holdings Corp. “During the quarter, we generated net ports of nearly 6,000, our sixth consecutive positive quarter. The fact that we continue to take market share when effectively 100 percent of the population in our footprint already has wireless service demonstrates the competiveness of our offering and the strength of our brand. Throughout 2012, we continued to deliver strong wholesale revenue, driven by growth in both voice and data usage on our network.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV