CLEVELAND, Feb. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chart Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:GTLS), a leading independent global manufacturer of highly engineered equipment used in the production, storage and end-use of hydrocarbon and industrial gases, today reported results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2012. Highlights include:
- Record orders over $1.1 billion for the full year 2012
- Record sales over $1.0 billion, up 28% over full year 2011
- Year-end backlog of $617 million, up 26% from year-end 2011
- Operating income of $121.8 million, up 35% over full year 2011
- Announces $40 million award to provide LNG equipment to PetroChina
Net income for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $20.8 million, or $0.69 per diluted share. Fourth quarter 2012 earnings would have been $0.80 per diluted share excluding $4.5 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, of costs largely associated with the AirSep acquisition. This compares with net income of $8.4 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2011. Fourth quarter 2011 earnings would have been $0.51 per share excluding $9.5 million, or $0.23 per diluted share, of refinancing and restructuring costs in that period.
Net income for the year 2012 was $71.3 million, or $2.36 per diluted share. Net income for 2012 would have been $2.50 per diluted share excluding $5.9 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, of costs primarily due to acquisitions. This compares to net income of $44.1 million, or $1.47 per diluted share, for the year 2011. Net income for 2011 would have been $1.84 per diluted share excluding $15.7 million of refinancing and acquisition-related costs.Net sales for the fourth quarter of 2012 increased 38% to $303.9 million from $219.6 million in the comparable period a year ago. Gross profit for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $85.5 million, or 28.1% of sales, versus $64.0 million, or 29.1% of sales, in the comparable quarter of 2011.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts