DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Ford Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program plans to double the number of teen drivers it reaches on this year's U.S. high school tour to approximately 40,000
- The award-winning Ford Driving Skills for Life program will partner with the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) to reach about 200 high schools across the United States this year
- Ford Driving Skills for Life kicks off its 10th year of teaching new drivers safe driving skills
- More than 550,000 new drivers globally have utilized DSFL's online and professional hands-on driver instruction
For the 10th year new drivers around the world will get an opportunity to improve their skills through the Ford Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program. Traffic fatalities are the leading killer of American teens, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with about 2,700 drivers ages 16-19 killed annually on American roads.
"Inexperience is the leading cause of crashes in young drivers, and Ford Driving Skills for Life includes a variety of engaging and targeted methods to deliver key skill sets that boost young drivers' confidence and knowledge," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "Our mission is to make the roads safer for everyone."
In 2013 Ford DSFL will reach about 200 high schools with its safe driving materials, thanks to Ford Motor Company Fund and the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA). GHSA calls Ford Driving Skills for Life the nation's most comprehensive teen safe driving program, with hands-on community driving events, Web-based learning, government grants, fun contests and free educational materials for parents and teachers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV