DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Ford Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program plans to double the number of teen drivers it reaches on this year's U.S. high school tour to approximately 40,000
- The award-winning Ford Driving Skills for Life program will partner with the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) to reach about 200 high schools across the United States this year
- Ford Driving Skills for Life kicks off its 10th year of teaching new drivers safe driving skills
- More than 550,000 new drivers globally have utilized DSFL's online and professional hands-on driver instruction
For the 10th year new drivers around the world will get an opportunity to improve their skills through the Ford Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program. Traffic fatalities are the leading killer of American teens, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with about 2,700 drivers ages 16-19 killed annually on American roads.
"Inexperience is the leading cause of crashes in young drivers, and Ford Driving Skills for Life includes a variety of engaging and targeted methods to deliver key skill sets that boost young drivers' confidence and knowledge," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "Our mission is to make the roads safer for everyone."
In 2013 Ford DSFL will reach about 200 high schools with its safe driving materials, thanks to Ford Motor Company Fund and the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA). GHSA calls Ford Driving Skills for Life the nation's most comprehensive teen safe driving program, with hands-on community driving events, Web-based learning, government grants, fun contests and free educational materials for parents and teachers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV