TORONTO, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp. (TSX: PRE; BVC: PREC; BOVESPA: PREB) announced today that it has entered into a binding term sheet with CGX Energy Inc. (TSX-V - OYL), pursuant to which Pacific Rubiales has agreed to invest Cdn$35,000,000 in CGX at a price of Cdn$0.14 per unit for an aggregate of 250 million units. Each unit will consist of one common share and one common share purchase warrant of CGX, with each warrant being exercisable to acquire one CGX common share at an exercise price of Cdn$0.20 per share for a period of five years following the date of issuance of the units.
Ronald Pantin, Chief Executive Officer of the Company, commented: "This is a great opportunity for the Company to expand and deepen its investment in the highly prospective offshore Guyana oil play. We consider CGX's large acreage position in Guyana to be a premier, world class exploration asset in an offshore basin with analogous geology to West Africa, Brazil and Venezuela. This investment is well aligned with the Company's technical strengths, strategy of early stage large resource capture and objective of being the leading Latin American independent explorer and producer of hydrocarbons."
The private placement is subject to approval of the TSX Venture Exchange ("TSXV") and other customary closing conditions. CGX engaged GMP Securities L.P. as its financial advisor for the private placement, the net proceeds of which will enable CGX to discharge its immediate obligations under its Georgetown PA Joint Operating Agreement and to continue to fund its other near term obligations. Upon closing of the investment, the board of directors of CGX will be reconstituted to ensure that a majority of the directors are nominees of Pacific Rubiales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV