Investors, though, will be paying particular attention to the company's earnings target. "Despite macroeconomic and currency headwinds, IBM has been able to deliver steady, double-digit growth in EPS over the past decade, a feat that only a very few of its peers, if any, have achieved," wrote Wu. "We believe this is largely attributable to the company's tough-to-replicate business model where it combines hardware, software and services, and broad geographic reach in addressing the global IT market."
IBM data by
IBM has certainly been good news for investors. The company's shares have climbed more than 77% over the last five years, a stark contrast to rival HP's 58% decline. The Armonk, N.Y.-based firm has also grown its dividend, increasing the quarterly payment to 85 cents a share last year. The 13% increase, from 75 cents a share, marked the ninth year in a row of double-digit percent increases.
Dividend news, however, is unlikely today, given that IBM typically announces dividend increases at its annual shareholder meeting later in the year. The company's 2013 stockholder meeting takes place on April 30 at the Von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
Today's IBM investor briefing kicks off at 10.45 AM ET.IBM shares ended Wednesday's session up 1.6% at $202.33. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV