Where the Klutziest Smartphone Owners Live
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Are cellphone owners in some cities more accident prone than others?
Yes, apparently, including in otherwise sophisticated cities such as New Orleans and Boston.
No doubt, smartphone users don't go out of their way to drop their brand-new devices into swimming pools or douse them with a cold Sam Adams (or a Pat O'Briens' Hurricane, if you're in the Big Easy).
According to a 2012 study by Lookout, a smart-device security technology firm, 73% of phone consumers say they would be "panicked" without their smartphones, with another 14% saying separation anxiety would cause them to feel "desperate" without their high-tech security blanket.Unfortunately, that's not stopping Americans in select cities from cracking, denting or otherwise disabling their cellphones. That's the conclusion of a study by Gazelle, the Boston-based trade-in provider for high-end consumer electronic devices. Of course, that means only people using Gazelle are included in this study, which makes it hardly scientific. Any number of variables including use of the Web for commerce, ease of access to shipping and knowledge of Gazelle itself would affect the findings. Still, Gazelle measured the rate of returns on trade-in phones across the U.S. and found something interesting: Which cities are home to the "klutziest" cellphone owners in the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV