"Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) applauds the DC Circuit Court’s decision affirming an FCC order that requires all utility pole attachment rates be "just and reasonable.” The court agreed with the FCC’s conclusion that obtaining access to poles and other infrastructure is critical to the deployment of telecommunications and broadband services, particularly since "the expense of obtaining permits and leasing pole attachments and rights-of-way can amount to 20% of the cost of fiber deployment.” The FCC further stated that this practice of over-charging for utility pole attachments can be a significant source of cost and delay when building broadband networks.
Frontier Communications believes that the court’s decision is another positive step in delivering broadband services to previously unserved and underserved areas and eliminates an unnecessary financial hurdle.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is an S&P 500 company
and is included in the FORTUNE 500 list of America’s largest
corporations. Frontier offers broadband, voice, satellite video,
wireless Internet data access, entertainment services like TumTiki.com,
data security solutions, bundled offerings and specialized bundles for
residential customers, small businesses and home offices and advanced
business communications for medium and large businesses in 27 states.
Frontier’s approximately 14,700 employees are based entirely in the
United States. More information is available at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV