The law firm Finkelstein Thompson LLP is investigating potential claims on behalf of shareholders of Affymax, Inc. (“Affymax” or “the Company”) (Nasdaq: AFFY). Finkelstein Thompson’s investigation relates to the recent announcement by Affymax and partner Takeda Pharmaceutical that they were voluntarily recalling all lots of Omontys, Affymax’s flagship anemia drug.
Affymax’s recall allegedly resulted from reports of severe allergic reactions in some kidney-disease patients, culminating in at least five deaths. On Sunday, February 24, 2013, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration alerted healthcare providers about the Omontys recall. The next day -- Monday, February 25, 2013 -- Affymax’s share price plummeted as much as 85% from the Friday’s close. The investigation focuses on whether Affymax violated state or federal laws in connection with its public statements regarding Omontys’s side effects and the subsequent recall of the drug.
If you are interested in discussing your rights as an Affymax shareholder, or have information relating to this investigation, please contact Finkelstein Thompson’s Washington, DC offices at (202)-337-8000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finkelstein Thompson LLP has spent over three decades delivering outstanding representation to institutional and individual clients in financial litigation, and has been appointed as lead or co-counsel in dozens of shareholder class actions. Indeed, the firm has served in leadership roles in cases that have recovered over $1 billion for investors and consumers.To learn more about Finkelstein Thompson LLP, please visit our website at www.finkelsteinthompson.com. Attorney advising. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV