The following table depicts the preliminary approximate allocation of AvalonBay’s investment:
|Acquisition Value (1)|
|(Dollars in thousands)|
|Consolidated stabilized assets||$||5,700,000|
|Development communities under construction||300,000|
|Land held for future development||100,000|
|Net equity in unconsolidated joint ventures plus allocable venture debt||400,000|
|(1)||Value is based on the closing price of our common stock on February 27, 2013 and the debt to be assumed after a $200 million adjustment to the face value of debt to reflect debt at fair market value.|
About AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
As of December 31, 2012, the Company owned or held an interest in 203 apartment communities containing 59,391 apartment homes in nine states and the District of Columbia, of which 23 communities were under construction and five communities were under reconstruction. AvalonBay is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring, and managing apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. More information on AvalonBay, an S&P 500 listed company, may be found on AvalonBay's website at http://www.avalonbay.com.
Forward-Looking StatementsThis press release contains “forward-looking statements” as that term is defined under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You can identify forward-looking statements by our use of the words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “estimate,” “assume,” “project,” “plan,” “may,” “shall,” “will” and other similar expressions in this press release, that predict or indicate future events and trends and that do not report historical matters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV