SAN DIEGO, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE) today announced that Jack T. Taylor has been appointed to the company's board of directors.
" Jack Taylor's leadership and extensive experience in public accounting enhances the depth of our board," said Debra L. Reed, chairman and chief executive officer of Sempra Energy. "His energy industry and international experience, in particular, will be valuable as we execute our strategic plan."
Taylor demonstrated significant financial expertise during his 37-year career at KPMG -- one of the world's largest audit, tax and advisory firms -- including 29 years as a partner in the firm until his retirement in 2010. From 2005 to 2010, Taylor served as KPMG's chief operating officer-Americas and executive vice chair of U.S. operations. In this role, he was responsible for the execution of global strategy within all KPMG member firms in North and South America, encompassing more than 40,000 employees and $8 billion in revenue. From 2001 to 2005, Taylor was KPMG's U.S. vice chair-audit and risk advisory services.
A resident of Shreveport, La., Taylor is a certified public accountant who holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from Louisiana Tech University.Sempra Energy now has a total of 11 board members. Sempra Energy, based in San Diego, is a Fortune 500 energy services holding company with 2012 revenues of approximately $10 billion. The Sempra Energy companies' nearly 17,000 employees serve more than 31 million consumers worldwide. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20110108/SEMPRAENERGYLOGO) SOURCE Sempra Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV