George K. Baum & Company Names David Webb To Texas Public Finance Team
DALLAS, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- After 26 years in the Texas public school business, David Webb is leaving Deer Park ISD on June 30, 2013, and joining George K. Baum and Company ("GKB") as a First Vice President.
About Mr. Webb: Mr. Webb has spent 26 years in K-12 school business in Texas. He joined Deer Park ISD in March 2004 as Chief Financial Officer. Prior to that, he was CFO for neighboring La Porte ISD for a decade and started his school business career in Alvin ISD in 1987. During his career, he served as the President of TASBO from 1999 to 2000, and Chair of the TASBO Governmental Relations Committee from 1999 to 2009. Webb has also served on the TASB Risk Management Fund Board since 1996. He is the author of two books on Texas school finance and the 2003 recipient of TASBO's prestigious Commitment to Excellence Award. Mr. Webb received a BBA in Accounting from The University of Texas at Austin.
About George K. Baum & Company: Founded more than 84 years ago in Kansas City, MO, George K. Baum & Company, is one of the nation's most experienced privately held investment banking firms. George K. Baum & Company has been involved with many types of capital projects including: Local Government, Independent, Public K-12 and Charter Schools and Colleges and Universities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV