Globalization Experts Examine Success Of New Multinational Powerhouses
New Book Details Shift in Economic Influence from the US and Europe to Emerging Multinational Players Poised to Seize Permanent Power
PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Joseph H. Lauder Institute of Management & International Studies and the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania today announced the publication of Emerging Markets Rule; Growth Strategies of the New Global Giants. The book's authors, Mauro F. Guillen, Wharton Professor and Director of the Lauder Institute, and Esteban Garcia-Canal of the University of Oviedo in Spain, examine the transferring of industrial power to Emerging Market Multinationals (EMMs) and the business strategies that got them there. Asia and South America are now outpacing the competition, establishing superior market share in industries such as food production, personal computers, IT services, and building materials.
"Multinational corporations from places like Mexico, South Korea and India are redefining our global economy and are here to stay," says Guillen, Director of the Lauder Institute and co-author of the book. "In less than a decade, these emerging markets have gone from being barely represented on the Forbes' Global 2000 list to firmly establishing themselves in the top 25 and beyond. The strategies that got them to the top hold valuable lessons for those aiming to gain and hold power in our new global economy."The authors outline the 'new rules' of this paradigm shift and explain with clear business cases how these strategies have achieved success, and how a leaner, operationalized approach is necessary for businesses to gain the competitive advantage in this new economy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV