Dell today announced its “Annie – the girl who could fly” advertisement was named as one of the top 10 ads of the year in TED’s annual Ads Worth Spreading report. TED, the non-profit organization known for showcasing "ideas worth spreading" through its set of global conferences, recognized Dell for creating a meaningful connection with viewers.
Viewed on YouTube nearly 1.4 million times and inspiring a conversation on Twitter about how technology helps people #DoMore, Annie is the story of a persistent fifth grader who dreams she can fly. With the help of her Dell laptop, imagination and ingenuity, she brings her dream to life and shows the doubters and “no way you can do iters” that where there's a will, there's a way.
An extension of Dell’s “ Power to Do More” brand campaign, Annie is one example of how Dell helps customers to do more with technology. The success of Annie led to the creation of a number of ads showcasing how Dell technology inspires learning, business achievements, creativity and imagination. “Meet Thomas: Creator of an Alternate Universe,” viewed on YouTube more than 2.5 million times in three weeks, is the latest campaign story about a district manager by day who is creating a vivid novel on his seemingly typical daily commute home. With his imagination and Dell XPS 12, the ad shows Thomas can achieve his true passion everywhere he goes.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized by an organization as innovative as TED,” said Karen Quintos, Dell’s chief marketing officer. “In today’s era of digital overload, effectively connecting with people is increasingly difficult for brands. Characters like Annie and Thomas bring our customers’ stories to life and illustrate the results technology can help people achieve.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV