MasterCard At MWC13: MasterCard's Chief Emerging Payments Officer, Ed McLaughlin, Introduced The North America Panel At The Global Mobile Symposium Which Focused On What It Will Take To Move Mobile Payments From Hype To Reality. (Photo: Business Wire)
The buzz around MasterCard at Mobile World Congress continues. For the third year in a row, MasterCard has been recognized, along with its partners, for a GSMA award for Best NFC/Mobile Money. This year, with Oberthur Technologies and telecom provider Etisalat, the company has won the GSMA Award in the Best NFC/Mobile Money category.
MasterCard at MWC13: LAC Panel at the MasterCard Global Mobile Payments Symposium -- Mobile Money 2.0 was the focus of a Latin American panel. Richard Wadsworth, left, (MasterCard), Marcello Ribeiro, center, (Caixa), Roger Sole, second from right, (Tim) and Gregory Keough, right, (Wanda) were in attendance. (Photo: Business Wire)
At Mobile World Congress this week, MasterCard announced MasterPass, a digital service that allows consumers to use any payment card or enabled device to discover enhanced shopping experiences that are as simple as a click, tap or touch – online, in-store or anywhere.
The company also hosted a Global Mobile Payments Symposium featuring executives and experts from Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa and North America. They represented retail, telecommunications, banking and payments industries and presented topics including NFC, mobile money and the future of payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV