Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE: MPW) announced today that it plans to sell 9,000,000 shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The Company intends to grant the underwriters of the offering a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1,350,000 shares of its common stock.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to repay borrowings under its revolving credit facility and for general corporate purposes, including investing in additional healthcare properties.
BofA Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank Securities, J.P. Morgan, KeyBanc Capital Markets, and RBC Capital Markets will act as joint book running managers for the offering.
The offering of the shares will be made under the Company's effective shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). The Company intends to file a prospectus supplement with the SEC for the common stock offering to which this communication relates. When available, the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus may be obtained from BofA Merrill Lynch, 222 Broadway, New York, NY 10038, Attn: Prospectus Department or by e-mail at email@example.com or from Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Attn: Prospectus Group, 60 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005-2836, by calling (800) 503-4611 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the EDGAR database on the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov.This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any shares of the Company's common stock, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. The offering may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement, which have or will be filed with the SEC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV