- At December 31, 2012, the Partnership had $313.0 million of cash and cash equivalents in wholly owned subsidiaries and $1.19 billion available for borrowing under its $1.2 billion revolving credit facility after consideration of $11.6 million of outstanding letters of credit.
- Operating income before items not allocated to segments for the three months ended December 31, 2012, was $163.1 million, a decrease of $7.9 million when compared to segment operating income of $171.0 million over the same period in 2011. This decrease was primarily attributable to lower commodity prices compared to the prior year quarter. Processed volumes continued to remain strong, growing over 27 percent when compared to the fourth quarter of 2011, primarily due to the Partnership’s Liberty and Southwest segments. The Partnership has changed its segment reporting. The Javelina facility, which was previously reported separately in the Gulf Coast segment, is now included in the Southwest segment. In addition, operations in Ohio are now reported separately as the Utica segment.A reconciliation of operating income before items not allocated to segments to income (loss) before provision for income tax, the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure, is provided within the financial tables of this press release.
- Operating income before items not allocated to segments does not include loss on commodity derivative instruments. Realized losses on commodity derivative instruments were $2.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2012 and $20.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- For the three months and year ended December 31, 2012, the Partnership’s portion of capital expenditures was $532.5 million and $1,718.4 million, respectively. These expenditures do not include the Keystone purchase price of $507.3 million.
2013 DCF AND GROWTH CAPITAL EXPENDITURE FORECAST
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV