Regional Management Corp. (NYSE: RM), a diversified specialty consumer finance company, today announced results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Highlights and Subsequent Events
- Total fourth quarter 2012 revenue was $37.0 million, a 25.7% increase from the prior-year period.
- Net income for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $6.6 million, a 3.7% increase from the prior-year period, and diluted earnings per share was $0.52 based on a diluted share count of 12.8 million.
- Finance receivables as of December 31, 2012 were $437.6 million, an increase of 42.7% from the prior-year period. Net charge-offs as a percentage of average finance receivables for the fourth quarter of 2012 were 7.1%, an increase from 7.0% in the prior-year period.
- Same-store revenue growth 1 for the fourth quarter of 2012 was 17.0%.
- Opened 8 new branches in the fourth quarter of 2012 and its first branch in Georgia in January 2013; as of December 31, 2012, Regional Management’s branch network consisted of 221 locations.
“2012 was a year of significant milestones and growth for our company, as we became a publicly traded entity, added 51 branches to our network and saw our finance receivables increase by over 40% from the prior year-end,” said Thomas Fortin, Chief Executive Officer of Regional Management Corp. “I am proud of the entire Regional Management team’s hard work and dedication that made 2012 such a success. In terms of our fourth quarter, while our bottom line numbers were ultimately below our expectations, we were very satisfied with our growth trajectory in the quarter, especially with our RMC Retail business unit and our live check campaign. We also saw a slight increase in our net charge-offs as a percentage of average finance receivables as well as a material increase of our efficiency ratio, and we are watching those figures carefully in 2013 to ensure they are aligned with our growth strategy.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts