From November 1, 2012 through January 11, 2013, 0.7 million shares of Series A Liberty Capital common stock (Nasdaq: LMCA) were purchased at an average cost per share of $109.49 for total cash consideration of $78.2 million. After the completion of the Starz spin-off on January 11, 2013 through January 31, 2013, 0.5 million shares of Series A Liberty Capital common stock (Nasdaq: LMCA) were purchased at an average cost per share of $110.19 for total cash consideration of $52.1 million. Since the reclassification of the original Liberty Capital tracking stock on March 4, 2008 through January 11, 2013, 58.4 million shares have been repurchased at an average cost per share of $32.55 for total cash consideration of $1.9 billion. These repurchases represent 45.3% of the shares outstanding at the time of the introduction of the original Liberty Capital stock. Liberty Media has approximately $397.9 million remaining under its current stock repurchase authorization.
Liberty Media Corporation owns interests in a broad range of media, communications and entertainment businesses. Those interests include its subsidiaries Atlanta National League Baseball Club, Inc., SiriusXM (beginning January 2013) and TruePosition, Inc., interests in Live Nation and minority equity investments in Barnes & Noble and Time Warner Inc.
|1)||Liberty Media’s President and CEO, Gregory B. Maffei, will discuss these highlights and other matters in Liberty Media’s earnings conference call which will begin at 4:45 p.m. (ET) on February 27, 2013. For information regarding how to access the call, please see “Important Notice” later in this document.|
|2)||For a definition of adjusted OIBDA and applicable reconciliations see the accompanying schedules.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV