ROMEOVILLE, Ill., Feb. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nanophase Technologies Corporation (OTCQB:NANX), a technology leader in nanomaterials and advanced nanoengineered products, today reported revenue of $2.7 million for the fourth quarter and revenue of $10.0 million for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $2.7 million, compared to revenue of $1.7 million for the comparable 2011 quarter, a 61 percent increase. Gross margin was 25% for the fourth quarter 2012, vs. 4% during the fourth quarter 2011.
- The net loss for the quarter was $0.6 million, or a loss of $0.02 per share, compared to a net loss of $1.3 million, or $0.06 per share, for the comparable 2011 quarter.
- The Company finished 2012 with approximately $4.2 million in cash and cash equivalents on the balance sheet; the company has no debt.
- Revenue for fiscal year 2012 was $10.0 million, compared to $9.7 million for 2011. Gross margin improved to 26%, from 24%, for fiscal year 2012 vs. 2011, respectively.
- The net loss for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012 was $2.4 million, or a loss of $0.10 per share, compared to a net loss of $3.4 million, or $0.16 per share, for 2011.