Nanophase Reports Strong Fourth Quarter 2012 Third Consecutive Year Of Revenue Growth
ROMEOVILLE, Ill., Feb. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nanophase Technologies Corporation (OTCQB:NANX), a technology leader in nanomaterials and advanced nanoengineered products, today reported revenue of $2.7 million for the fourth quarter and revenue of $10.0 million for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012.
Nanophase CEO and President Jess Jankowski commented, "We measure ourselves on what we have accomplished – what we have put in the bank – and we have seen three consecutive years of revenue growth, a significantly improved bottom line, and stronger cash flow. We also measure ourselves by what we have put in place for the future, and I see new products in the market and significant projects in our pipeline, any of which have the potential to move Nanophase to an entirely different level of performance."
Fourth Quarter 2012 Financial Highlights
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $2.7 million, compared to revenue of $1.7 million for the comparable 2011 quarter, a 61 percent increase. Gross margin was 25% for the fourth quarter 2012, vs. 4% during the fourth quarter 2011.
- The net loss for the quarter was $0.6 million, or a loss of $0.02 per share, compared to a net loss of $1.3 million, or $0.06 per share, for the comparable 2011 quarter.
- The Company finished 2012 with approximately $4.2 million in cash and cash equivalents on the balance sheet; the company has no debt.
- Revenue for fiscal year 2012 was $10.0 million, compared to $9.7 million for 2011. Gross margin improved to 26%, from 24%, for fiscal year 2012 vs. 2011, respectively.
- The net loss for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2012 was $2.4 million, or a loss of $0.10 per share, compared to a net loss of $3.4 million, or $0.16 per share, for 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV