5 Highest-Priced Movie and TV Cars of All Time
Second-costliest: Batmobile from the TV show Batman
Price: $4.6 million
Some 12,000 people packed a 3-acre tent in Scottsdale, Ariz., last month to watch Barrett-Jackson auction off this car from iconic television show Batman.
Barrett-Jackson CEO Craig Jackson says the vehicle would have attracted an even higher price than the $4.6 million it sold for had the last two bidders not decided to flip a coin to decide who got the car."One of the men said he'd brought $10 million, but who knows at what point one of them would have said: 'This is crazy!'" Jackson says. The auctioneer believes the vehicle attracted such a lofty price because the Batmobile "was one of the stars of the show. It did things -- it was an integral part of Batman and Robin catching criminals." After all, the vehicle has all sorts of superhero gadgets, from a built-in "batphone" to two rear-mounted parachutes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV