5 Highest-Priced Movie and TV Cars of All Time
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Holy Moly, Batman! The Batmobile isn't really the most expensive movie or TV car of all time!
Journalists got it only half right last month when they reported that a $4.6 million winning bid for the original Batmobile from 1960s TV show Batman set a record for vehicles made famous through television or film.
|The Batmobile at auction last month.|
A check with major auction houses and market tracker Historic Automobile Group International finds that the Batmobile did fetch the most ever for a TV car, but not for one that appeared in a television show or a movie.
That honor goes to 1965 Shelby Daytona Cobra featured in the 1965 film Redline 7000 -- and auctioned in 2009 for millions more than the Batmobile fetched.Sam Murtaugh of Mecum Auctions, which sold the Daytona Cobra, isn't surprised the sale of Batman's car got more publicity. "The
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV