VANCOUVER, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) today announced that Charlene Ripley will join the Company's senior management team as Executive Vice President and General Counsel, effective April 1st, 2013. Ripley, 48, has 25 years of experience in the field of corporate law, most recently serving as Senior Vice President and General Counsel at Linn Energy in Houston, Texas. In her position, Ripley was responsible for leading the legal, information technology, corporate governance, compliance, government affairs, insurance and risk management departments. She has also supported numerous multi-million and billion dollar growth transactions, both at Linn Energy and in her previous position as VP, General Counsel, Secretary and Chief Compliance Officer at Andarko Petroleum in Calgary and Houston.
"Charlene's track record of dynamic leadership and deep experience across several critical corporate functions will be invaluable in helping Goldcorp deliver on its proven strategy and commitment to operating excellence," said Chuck Jeannes, Goldcorp President and Chief Executive Officer. "Her background of effecting change within growth companies is of particular importance as we advance the next phase of our quality growth strategy."
Born in Calgary, Ripley holds a law degree from Dalhousie Law School and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Alberta. She is admitted to the bar in both Alberta and Texas. Ripley is also a Board Member for several non-profit associations, such as the American Heart Association ( Houston), Girls Inc. of Greater Houston and the Youth Development Centre.
Goldcorp is one of the world's fastest growing senior gold producers. Its low-cost gold production is located in safe jurisdictions in the Americas and remains 100% unhedged.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV