Brinker will generate up to 1 percent annual margin improvement, driven by sales leverage on restaurant labor and restaurant expenses, continued emphasis on labor productivity improvements and flat cost of sales.
The Company expects to continue to generate strong cash flow and maintain a consistent strategy regarding the prudent allocation of capital. This will add to Brinker's commitment to return cash to shareholders through a competitively favorable dividend, and at least $1 billion of share repurchase over the next five years.
The combination of focusing on these outlined strategies will result in Brinker delivering annual EPS growth of 10 to 15 percent and doubling EPS to at least $4.00 per share by fiscal 2017.
Fiscal 2013 OutlookThe Company anticipates earnings per diluted share, before special items, to be at the lower end of the guidance range of $2.30 to $2.45, for fiscal 2013 EPS. Comparable restaurant sales are now projected to be approximately 1 percent for fiscal 2013 reflecting a softer sales environment in the third quarter as guests adjust to lower discretionary income resulting from higher payroll taxes, gas prices, and the delay in the disbursement of federal tax refund checks. Cost of sales as a percentage of Company sales is estimated to be 50 basis points better year over year, driven by better than expected commodity inflation and lower actual versus theoretical food costs. Restaurant labor is projected to improve 50 basis points compared to fiscal 2012 due to better productivity related to rollout of new kitchen equipment. The Company continues to expect operating margins to improve 100 basis points compared to fiscal 2012. Brinker's diluted weighted average share count is expected to be between 73 and 75 million shares for fiscal 2013. As of February 25, quarter to date comp sales at Chili's is running at negative 2.2 percent, sales at Maggiano's are essentially flat, and sales in the Global system are up 4.1 percent. Forward Calendar
- Third quarter earnings release, prior to market open on April 23, 2013
- Third quarter conference call, via a live webcast on April 23, 2013
- SEC Form 10-Q for third quarter fiscal 2013 filing on or before May 6, 2013
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV