DALLAS, Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Leaders from Brinker International, Inc. (NYSE: EAT) provided an update on the Company's fiscal 2013 outlook and shared long-term goals being discussed in today's investor conference.
"Brinker expects to deliver on our promise of doubling earnings per share. This could happen by fiscal 2014, a full year earlier than initially projected," said Wyman Roberts, CEO and President of Brinker International. "We're now looking to the next milestone by setting another long-term goal: to double our fiscal 2012 earnings per share by fiscal 2017. This is yet another aggressive goal, but we are committed to attaining it by driving 10 to 15 percent annual EPS growth during this period."
The business strategies for the next five years build upon the foundation of Brinker's current successes. The Company has evolved to operate in a mature space by reducing costs in the middle of the P&L while reinvesting back into the business with initiatives that enhance the guest experience. Moving forward, the Company will continue to have a balanced approach to doubling EPS, with topline initiatives playing a greater role in overall growth.
Chili's ® Grill & Bar will focus on food innovation, improved operational consistency and moderate unit growth. Maggiano's Little Italy ® will leverage a new restaurant prototype to grow their brand. The global side of the business will step up unit development to become the guests' top choice for casual dining internationally.Brinker projects 3 to 5 percent revenue growth, driven by 2 to 3 percent domestic comp sales growth, and approximately 3 percent international comp sales growth. Starting in fiscal 2014, the Company projects unit growth of 1 to 2 percent for Chili's in the U.S., 5 to 10 percent for Maggiano's, and ongoing 10 to 15 percent global growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV