WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Feb. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers in Santa Clara County thanks to new cell sites in Cupertino and Sunnyvale. The sites improve wireless coverage and capacity in the following areas:
- Cupertino: Spans Foothill Boulevard, Salem Avenue, Stevens Canyon Road, McClellan Road, Bubb Road and Cal Fire Station
- Sunnyvale: Spans West Olive Avenue, South Pastoria, Remington Drive, Bernardo Avenue, Dierick Drive, Levin Way, Blair Avenue and Harvard
Since being founded in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $7.8 billion in its California network. Nationally, the company has invested more than $80 billion over that same period to increase the coverage and capacity of its network, and to add new services.
The network upgrade is part of the company's ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network.
Verizon Wireless on Twitter
To stay up-to-date on Verizon Wireless news in Northern California, Northern Nevada and Hawai'i, follow @VZWheidi on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWheidi.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV