Within that context, we're watching a tragedy unfold.
I'm not going to link to all of the articles I have written for TheStreet tying it all together. Search my article history at your leisure.
But we have so many ingredients. Too many to list. Caving in to a dividend and buyback. MappleGate. Getting painted into a rhetorical corner by David Einhorn. Being on the verge of getting your butt whipped by Google (GOOG).
And the ultimate (cough, cough, gag, gag) "compliment," Apple is now easier to work with!Excellent. Just great. Yes. I still believe Apple is best in breed. Right now. Short term. Love their products. Typing on a MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display. Just got a call on my iPhone 5 after my daughter downloaded a metronome app on one of the household's three iPads. The sell-off in the stock that started in September was premature. But I can't keep saying that forever. Tim Cook needs to deliver ... a new product ... NOW! I'm just not certain he -- or anybody else for that matter -- is capable of making it all happen to the level Jobs did with iPod, iPhone and iPad. Make no mistake, that was all Jobs. Without him, none of it ever would have gone down as wildly successful as it did. Without him, I'm coming to terms -- quite a bit too late -- with the fact that it's never going to happen again. In 5, 10, 20 years Google "Apple's demise." Maybe this article will come up above the fold. If it does, I hope you're reminded of what really matters in life.
Follow @rocco_thestreet -- Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV