NAVY 311 provides sailors, families and the military community with on-demand information and assistance for non-emergency, non-tactical issues across systems, equipment, medical, personnel, logistics, installations and other areas.
To enable access to the expansive fleet support network via a single customer service entry point, the Navy needed robust and scalable IT service management software to reliably handle high-volume interactions and diverse situations from around the world.
The U.S. Navy selected the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite from BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC). This product offers the most comprehensive and scalable solution, resulting in better service at a lower cost. Remedy can operate out-of-the-box with no need to customize any code.
The BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite provides NAVY 311 with a single software solution that is centrally managed but de-centrally implemented within the network of fleet support providers. These support groups can take advantage of volume discounts, thereby reducing overall costs for the larger Navy enterprise.In addition, the dashboards and analytics enabled by the BMC Remedy software provide business intelligence that gives the Navy broader visibility into recurring issues so leadership can make improved resource decisions. Analytics also offer the capability to “push” critical information to fleet customers in anticipation of planned maintenance and/or operations. The Challenge The U.S. Navy needed an enterprise-level business solution that simplified Sailor non-emergency interaction across individual Navy contact centers and provided modern data collection and mining capabilities. The Solution The U.S. Navy deployed the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, including incident management and service request management, as well as dashboards and analytics. This provided a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) capability that helped unify dozens of different Navy call centers and supports a modern approach to data collection and analysis. Benefits By implementing the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, the U.S. Navy achieved important benefits. The organization:
- Simplified and standardized service request management, thereby gaining economies of scale and reducing costs
- Achieved faster response times to meet an extremely diverse set of needs
- Captured and aggregated transaction data across the Sources of Support network to better understand fleet issues and support needs
- Implemented data-driven decision making with the ability to uncover trends and eliminate recurring problems
- Read the full NAVY 311 case study
- Access the BMC Remedy community
- Visit the On the Mark blog
- Follow @BMCSoftware on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts