NAVY 311 provides sailors, families and the military community with on-demand information and assistance for non-emergency, non-tactical issues across systems, equipment, medical, personnel, logistics, installations and other areas.
To enable access to the expansive fleet support network via a single customer service entry point, the Navy needed robust and scalable IT service management software to reliably handle high-volume interactions and diverse situations from around the world.
The U.S. Navy selected the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite from BMC Software (NASDAQ: BMC). This product offers the most comprehensive and scalable solution, resulting in better service at a lower cost. Remedy can operate out-of-the-box with no need to customize any code.
The BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite provides NAVY 311 with a single software solution that is centrally managed but de-centrally implemented within the network of fleet support providers. These support groups can take advantage of volume discounts, thereby reducing overall costs for the larger Navy enterprise.In addition, the dashboards and analytics enabled by the BMC Remedy software provide business intelligence that gives the Navy broader visibility into recurring issues so leadership can make improved resource decisions. Analytics also offer the capability to “push” critical information to fleet customers in anticipation of planned maintenance and/or operations. The Challenge The U.S. Navy needed an enterprise-level business solution that simplified Sailor non-emergency interaction across individual Navy contact centers and provided modern data collection and mining capabilities. The Solution The U.S. Navy deployed the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, including incident management and service request management, as well as dashboards and analytics. This provided a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) capability that helped unify dozens of different Navy call centers and supports a modern approach to data collection and analysis. Benefits By implementing the BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, the U.S. Navy achieved important benefits. The organization:
- Simplified and standardized service request management, thereby gaining economies of scale and reducing costs
- Achieved faster response times to meet an extremely diverse set of needs
- Captured and aggregated transaction data across the Sources of Support network to better understand fleet issues and support needs
- Implemented data-driven decision making with the ability to uncover trends and eliminate recurring problems
- Read the full NAVY 311 case study
- Access the BMC Remedy community
- Visit the On the Mark blog
- Follow @BMCSoftware on Twitter
- Become a fan of BMC on Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV