In March, the firm will pursue infringement claims against Cisco (CSCO) and private equity-owned Avaya. According to the company's statements, VirnetX's patent portfolio includes 20 U.S. and 32 international patents and over 100 pending applications.
In January, William Blair analysts highlighted that the Siemens ruling, and a licensing agreement with the Enterprise Communications division of the German conglomerate may help VirnetX in getting royalty agreements with Cisco and Avaya for its IP private branch exchange patents.
VirnetX shares rose over 5% to $35.91 in early afternoon trading on Wednesday. After big 2012 stock gains, VirnetX's market cap now stands at $1.84 billion.
Apple has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story.-- Written by Antoine Gara in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV