On the heels of its announcement to help customers
deploy workloads with confidence
, Dell with VMware today unveiled a pre-integrated system specifically designed for VMware-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) workloads, the
Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View 5.2
. According to a recent study conducted by the Enterprise Strategy Group, one-third of midmarket and enterprise organizations surveyed currently have some form of desktop virtualization technology deployed, and of these users, more than half leverage VDI. To help channel partners meet the customer demand for VDI workloads, Dell will use
as the foundation for its
Desktop Virtualization Solutions
(DVS) portfolio to enable organizations to rapidly deploy and provision VDI workloads and improve efficiencies through resource optimization and heightened security.
Delivering desktop virtualization via converged infrastructure
Dell DVS Enterprise - Active System 800
with VMware Horizon View 5.2 combines Dell server, storage, networking, thin clients and infrastructure management software into a pre-integrated system to provide general purpose virtualized resource pools for virtual desktops. In addition, a full suite of consulting, deployment and support services are available to ease integration and ensure robust operation of the system once deployed.
With organic innovation and expertise gained through the
Gale Technologies acquisition
, Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View can streamline administration and improve performance of virtual environments, increase user productivity, and reduce the costs of running virtual workloads, all while allowing increased flexibility in the deployment of desktop virtualization.
A key component and differentiator of the intuitive and comprehensive solution is the integrated
Dell Active System Manager 7.0
, designed to extend the management capabilities of Active System beyond the physical infrastructure to the virtualized infrastructure and workloads. The solution also integrates simplified chassis networking and modular infrastructure to enable organizations to:
- Rapidly respond to dynamic business demands with template based infrastructure and workload provisioning and pre-integrated platform options
- Simplify the complex matrix of technologies required to deploy virtual desktops to support a dynamic virtual workforce
- Accelerate time-to-value by simplifying deployment and management for desktop virtualization and initiatives
- Maximize efficiency with centralized management, modular power-efficient infrastructure, and a converged fabric
- Improve IT service quality with automated deployment, integration, and management models
- Drive efficiency and lower risk with pre-engineered, reliable infrastructure to reduce deployment time and costs
Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View is the latest addition to the growing portfolio of purpose-built VDI solutions developed jointly by Dell and VMware. Other offerings include
Dell – VMware AlwaysOn Desktop and Dell – VMware Mobile Secure Desktop
, now updated with Active System 800 and Horizon View 5.2, and
Dell Wyse P25
zero clients designed for VMware View.
Investing in the success of Dell and VMware Channel Partners
Dell and VMware are committed to creating new joint initiatives, targeted rewards and tools focused on the
and VMware solution providers who sell joint Dell–VMware desktop virtualization solutions. Examples include:
- End-to-end solution reference architecture to accelerate configuring and ordering: aimed at helping channel partners streamline processes for configuring, ordering, deploying and supporting Dell and VMware solutions for desktop virtualization powered by the Dell Active System 800 converged infrastructure and VMware Horizon View 5.2.
- Dell Cloud Client Computing Solution Advisor Tool: guides and automates configuring and quoting Dell Cloud Client Computing and VMware solutions for desktop virtualization. This tool configures a customized, end-to-end desktop virtualization solution for 50 to 50,000 users, with the right servers, storage, software, networking, cables, thin clients and services for cloud client computing environments.
- Dell PartnerDirect Desktop Virtualization Solutions Competency : align Dell’s channel partner’s sales, business and technical requirements with training and resources to ensure that they get the highest level of Dell support and take advantage of discounts, deal registration, and incentive programs.
In addition to Dell PartnerDirect, Dell channel partners will also be able to procure solutions through their regular distribution channels, and VMware components can count toward VMware Partner Network program quota, incentives and promotions Solution Providers can purchase end-to-end Dell solutions that include VMware solutions directly from Dell, and still have the benefits of the VMware Partner Network program.