On the heels of its announcement to help customers deploy workloads with confidence, Dell with VMware today unveiled a pre-integrated system specifically designed for VMware-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) workloads, the Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View 5.2. According to a recent study conducted by the Enterprise Strategy Group, one-third of midmarket and enterprise organizations surveyed currently have some form of desktop virtualization technology deployed, and of these users, more than half leverage VDI. To help channel partners meet the customer demand for VDI workloads, Dell will use Active System as the foundation for its Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) portfolio to enable organizations to rapidly deploy and provision VDI workloads and improve efficiencies through resource optimization and heightened security.
Delivering desktop virtualization via converged infrastructure
Dell DVS Enterprise - Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View 5.2 combines Dell server, storage, networking, thin clients and infrastructure management software into a pre-integrated system to provide general purpose virtualized resource pools for virtual desktops. In addition, a full suite of consulting, deployment and support services are available to ease integration and ensure robust operation of the system once deployed.
With organic innovation and expertise gained through the Gale Technologies acquisition, Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View can streamline administration and improve performance of virtual environments, increase user productivity, and reduce the costs of running virtual workloads, all while allowing increased flexibility in the deployment of desktop virtualization.A key component and differentiator of the intuitive and comprehensive solution is the integrated Dell Active System Manager 7.0, designed to extend the management capabilities of Active System beyond the physical infrastructure to the virtualized infrastructure and workloads. The solution also integrates simplified chassis networking and modular infrastructure to enable organizations to:
- Rapidly respond to dynamic business demands with template based infrastructure and workload provisioning and pre-integrated platform options
- Simplify the complex matrix of technologies required to deploy virtual desktops to support a dynamic virtual workforce
- Accelerate time-to-value by simplifying deployment and management for desktop virtualization and initiatives
- Maximize efficiency with centralized management, modular power-efficient infrastructure, and a converged fabric
- Improve IT service quality with automated deployment, integration, and management models
- Drive efficiency and lower risk with pre-engineered, reliable infrastructure to reduce deployment time and costs
- End-to-end solution reference architecture to accelerate configuring and ordering: aimed at helping channel partners streamline processes for configuring, ordering, deploying and supporting Dell and VMware solutions for desktop virtualization powered by the Dell Active System 800 converged infrastructure and VMware Horizon View 5.2.
- Dell Cloud Client Computing Solution Advisor Tool: guides and automates configuring and quoting Dell Cloud Client Computing and VMware solutions for desktop virtualization. This tool configures a customized, end-to-end desktop virtualization solution for 50 to 50,000 users, with the right servers, storage, software, networking, cables, thin clients and services for cloud client computing environments.
- Dell PartnerDirect Desktop Virtualization Solutions Competency : align Dell’s channel partner’s sales, business and technical requirements with training and resources to ensure that they get the highest level of Dell support and take advantage of discounts, deal registration, and incentive programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV