, the leader in enterprise private platform-as-a-service, today announced
JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide, has selected Apprenda’s platform to develop, deliver and manage its portfolio of internal applications,
custom-built in .NET and Java
. This significant deal is the largest private PaaS implementation to date, setting a benchmark for how enterprises modernize and deliver data-sensitive private cloud applications.
JPMorgan Chase chose
Apprenda’s best of breed private PaaS
as a way to reduce costs, achieve faster time to market for applications and standardize and modernize their application architectures.
“JPMorgan Chase needed an enterprise grade private cloud solution to accelerate our time to market for applications, improve our infrastructure efficiency and increase our developer productivity,” said JPMorgan Chase Chief Information Officer
. “We are pleased with our selection of Apprenda’s product suite and look forward to realizing benefits across our global portfolio.”
Today, Apprenda is powering JPMC’s internal applications vital to supporting the firm’s financial product offerings. Apprenda is deployed at a number of production sites globally and across growing server clusters already totaling several terabytes of memory. More than 430 development teams are using the platform for its 2000 .NET and Java applications, which are now running live.
Apprenda’s enterprise grade platform, plugged into JPMC’s existing IT infrastructure, modernized it as a way to catapult the firm’s next generation internal private cloud for both their .NET and Java applications. JPMC benefits in the following ways from leveraging Apprenda:
- Enterprise Grade – JPMC’s private cloud PaaS operates at scale for thousands of applications and provides guaranteed availability and global failover—integrating seamlessly with existing IT investments.
- “Just Bring Your App” PaaS – removed the friction between developers and IT through single-click application deployment and isolated developers and their applications from the infrastructure.
- Unprecedented Time to Market – application deployment was reduced from many weeks to fewer than five minutes per application.
- Fine Cost Control – created a way to allocate and assign surface resources to developers on an internal “pay as you go” model to keep costs in check and maximize utilization .
- Standardization of Productivity and Architecture Patterns – achieved an unprecedented ability to write hundreds of new custom applications per year that would leverage the platform and support common application management, in addition to offering platform services such as messaging and caching and cloud architecture patterns.
A full case study on the JPMorgan Chase private platform-as-a-service solution powered by Apprenda can be downloaded
Apprenda is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that transforms how enterprises can develop, deliver and manage next generation applications in a public, private or hybrid cloud environment. Apprenda’s platform makes writing and managing enterprise cloud applications easy and efficient, without compromise. The Apprenda PaaS equips enterprises with the runtime, APIs and tools that allow them to easily build, deploy and manage cloud applications using today’s skillsets and investments. By decoupling applications from infrastructure and developers from IT, Apprenda empowers organizations to achieve significant cost savings and massive productivity improvements that result in better business.