Then there seems to be this very nasty, very public, and in my view, very unnecessary fight with that nice young man at Greenlight Capital. Yes, I understand that if he was a long-term investor, he might look at the value that's been unlocked over 10 years, but that's not what's happening. What he's looking at is what's happened over the last six months. And believe you me, when you shorten your time horizons, it's amazing what a different world it is indeed!
I read in a research report that you and Samsung together have 103% of the smart phone industry profits. My current pique notwithstanding, I will admit that grabbing so much of the profits that you give many of your competitors a loss is a pretty good trick. But just so we are clear, my expectations are losses for everyone! Except you, of course, because now that I've bet my good name on the fact that you will someday soon put a comma in the price of your stock, I'm very anxious that you get on with things and do it.
Very truly yours,
A Frustrated Shareholder
Editor's note: Oliver Pursche, who co manages the GMG Defensive Beta Fund (MPDAX), owns shares of Apple and is buying more -- predicated on the belief that Apple's management will ultimately be self-serving and do what is necessary to resurrect the stock price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV